Ten articles full of beauty to inspire you to make beautiful things:
- Wouldn’t you love to decorate your whole house with quilts?
- What if heaven is like this Etsy Bazaar (and you have unlimited money to buy all the stuff you like)?
- Adorable artwork. I love the birds.
- Recycle in art—and life.
- Husband and wife illustration team.
- Murals with a message.
- You must watch this dance:
- What a wonderful idea for a quilt group project.
- Quotes about art, by famous artists. Images of the artists and their work.
- A different kind of love poem.
Twelve recent articles to challenge your preconceptions and open you up to new possibilities.
- Photoshop artistry.
- Art exhibit.
- What it takes to be a prima ballerina.
- A cartoonist on the creative process.
- The most beautiful crochet project I have ever scene. Huge scale.
- Colorful explorations.
- This is just how I feel about my books.
- Photographs of Jimi Hendrix taken by a high school student back in the day.
- Modern art was a CIA plot?
- Five diversions that make you smarter. I disagree with #3, but heartily endorse the other four.
- Up your productivity. This article overlaps slightly with the previous one.
- Animal portraits by Brad Wilson.
Good stuff here this week. Lots of ideas to make you more creative.
- The perils of being a new photographer (or how to almost get thrown out of a concert by Prince).
- Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik has written a new book for girls.
- What’s your superpower?
- Did you know former president George W. Bush is an artist?
- Photos or paintings?
- I love keeping up with this quilt group.
- What can you do with a dead butterfly?
- The illustrations of Pat Achilles.
- Interesting reading list.
- I may already have included this article in a previous Creative Juice, but it bears rereading—it’s that important for your brain.
- Five things you can do now to encourage your creativity.
- Another strategy to improve your creativity.
My dance group is featured in this article!
Pretty things to see. Creative stuff to do.
- Some strategies for sketching better portraits.
- Get back at your inner critic.
- Beautiful photographs of dancers.
- The truth about the creative life.
- Want to write a romance? Or a fantasy? Or a short story? Here are some ideas to quick-start your imagination (check the links).
- What? Thin out your books?
- A quilt show from last year.
- Thoughts on Henri Matisse.
- Reading about the craft of writing.
- Taking folk art in a new direction.
- How to enhance your creativity in 10 minutes a day. (And, okay, yes, the cute animated unicorn captured my attention.)
- Get started storytelling.
- Cute photos with animals. (I think the secret is opening your mouth.)