And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. -Friedrich Nietzsche
My dance group is featured in this article!
Pretty things to see. Creative stuff to do.
- Some strategies for sketching better portraits.
- Get back at your inner critic.
- Beautiful photographs of dancers.
- The truth about the creative life.
- Want to write a romance? Or a fantasy? Or a short story? Here are some ideas to quick-start your imagination (check the links).
- What? Thin out your books?
- A quilt show from last year.
- Thoughts on Henri Matisse.
- Reading about the craft of writing.
- Taking folk art in a new direction.
- How to enhance your creativity in 10 minutes a day. (And, okay, yes, the cute animated unicorn captured my attention.)
- Get started storytelling.
- Cute photos with animals. (I think the secret is opening your mouth.)
Fourteen more articles to start your Friday creative streak:
- Melanie McNeil shares the quilts she made in 2016.
- I think you may be obsessive compulsive if you do this, but I love the results. I may have to try this idea…
- Nostalgia time. My husband had one of these in his classroom to help his students improve their listening skills.
- Are you jealous when you see all the creative things other people are doing?
- Combining loves of ballet and reading.
- The illustrations of Hanna McCaffery.
- I think a dragon is the perfect subject for a quilt.
- A grandfather posts a drawing a day for his grandchildren on his Instagram account.
- Um, some of these one-of-a-kind Etsy finds are examples of creativity gone awry.
- Scrap paper sculpture.
- Joel Kioko, a young ballet dancer from Kenya.
- The embroidery of Humayrah Bint Altaf
- Norm 2.0 is known for his Thursday Doors photography posts, but here he combines doors and street art.
- How do you do free-motion quilting at a retreat? Like this.
Ten articles that will tickle your artistic brain:
- Do you want to make awesome art? It’s not that complicated.
- Maybe you could make art every day in 2017.
- Art show in Jersey City.
- A backstage look at the ballet.
- Why it’s important to design the life you want.
- The problem of perfectionism.
- Finished your formal education? No reason you should stop learning.
- This gives new meaning to the term makeup artist.
- Lots of bloggers share their sketchbooks online.
- Drawing in the dark at The Nutcracker.
Fifteen sweet articles to inspire you.
- Gorgeous quilts from the Houston International Quilt Show.
- Sketchbook pages and a blogging hint.
- High-concept birdhouse
- I love photographs of dancers.
- Colorful mandala.
- Beautiful mobiles.
- Zentangle bookmarks.
- Wouldn’t you love to take a mosaics class? I would.
- A different kind of cave art.
- Look at the versatility of illustrator Jesse Graber.
- Want to put more creativity into your life?
- How to draw like a pointillist.
- Amazing 3D illustrations.
- Surreal photography.
- How to add borders to a medallion quilt.
Want to see more? See Off the Wall on My OBT.