Lots of artsy stuff this week:
Creativity + skill = masterpiece!
Gorgeous ideas to jump-start your imagination.
A collection of creative genius.
I am so jealous of all the talent in this week’s articles.
- The Three Graces in art.
- Cute dog photos.
- Taking a stroll in Jersey City.
- Some interesting tangles to try.
- I wish I could sketch like Suhita Shirodkar.
- You’d swear this little puppet was alive.
- My dreamhouse would have 23 bedrooms, and they’d be decorated like this. (Then I’d finally have enough shelves for my books.
- Leonardo da Vinci was left-handed and wrote backwards in his notebooks. I wonder if this has something to do with that.
- I don’t think I could live here, but I’d love it for an occasional private retreat.
- An artist comments on Botticelli’s Annunciation.
- Beautiful responses to a Zentangle challenge.
- Only a mother will get these.
Twelve inspiring articles:
Dream, gather inspiration, and create!
- Zoology anatomy lesson.
- A knitting designer shares some of her sketches.
- How artists deal with the pain of lost love.
- Life in the 1800s beautifully captured by Mary Ellen Best.
- When photographer Omar Robles went home to Puerto Rico, he was so shocked by the devastation and abandoned buildings (aftermath of Hurricane Maria) that he photographed dancers against the background of ruins.
- You don’t need lots of room for a book nook.
- Tips from a street photographer.
- The gorgeous illustrations of Kayla Herren.
- If you want to move a big rock over 100 miles, be prepared to apply for a lot of permits.
- Many variations on the iconic face of the New Yorker.
- Sketches from Disneyland.
- Beautiful Bulgarian folk dances. (I’d rather be dancing!)