A lot of beauty in today’s articles, curated especially for you.
- Do you like Irish step dancing?
- If you read my post about the Sirens, you know I love to sleep.
- Georgia O’Keeffe on the art of seeing. And lots of links, if you enjoy going down rabbit holes.
- I may have included these father of the bride photos in a previous edition of Creative Juice. You know what? They’re so beautiful, you should see them again.
- Beautiful fruit photography.
- Read your children some books about kindness and talk about how to make a difference in the lives of the people around you.
- I’d never heard of Sonny Curtis, even though I’m familiar with two of his most famous songs; but I love his daughter’s essay about him.
- Would you believe there are 800 pairs of herons living in Amsterdam? Maybe because of the canals. . .
- Ingenious and useful creations from toilet paper rolls.
- A mom’s June sketchbook pages.
- I love this Instagrammer’s ICAD cards.
- How a quilter pieced a 60-piece block perfectly!
Stuff inspiring and strange.
- My kids are full-fledged adults now, or I would be really tempted to buy these incredible toys for them. Maybe if I ever have grandbabies. . .
- There are rules for creativity (but one of them is create your own rules).
- For the writers: I am critiquing a romance right now, and I’m so impressed with the author’s pacing. The words disappear and I’m watching the action play out like a movie in my head. I love that as a reader. How do I do that as a writer?
- I recently bought a few new brushes, and one of them was a wedge. I can’t wait to try it, probably next month during World Watercolor Month.
- I love the fabrics this quilter selected for her challenge block.
- Here is another artist who is participating in the Index-Card-a-Day challenge.
- When my son was a little boy, he called certain cars “face cars.” The term “face” came up in this article about how to draw a car.
- Colorful chameleons. I’m itching to paint them.
- Islamic tile work.
- My God, what have we done to the earth?
- I know about the painted desert, but I never heard of the painted cliffs.
- The validation of seeing your photograph on a billboard.
You’re bound to find some inspiration in one of these twelve articles.
Most of this week’s articles include beautiful things to look at, but there’s also one tutorial and 12 savings strategies.
Mentally stimulating. Inspiring. Lovely to look at.
Things to try. Things to remember.
Beautiful things to look at. Creative solutions. Interesting journeys. And a possible assignment for you.
- Free quilt block of the month patterns.
- Awesome journal pages.
- These abandoned buildings break my heart.
- Artwork doesn’t have to be large to be impactful.
- Searching for happiness in a book.
- How one college is addressing systemic inequality in its curriculum.
- Maybe more than you ever wanted to know about folk dancing’s fascinating history as a social movement. Keep scrolling down–there are a bunch of cool dance videos.
- An artist’s watercolor journey.
- Beautiful photography on this Instagram account.
- It’s interesting to watch this sketch artist’s process.
- When I was in college, I had a roommate who decorated envelopes. When I transferred to a different school, I was the recipient of letters from her in those beautiful envelopes. Who can you think of who would be blessed by a handwritten letter in a hand-decorated envelope? Maybe you could do that this weekend. . .
- A photographer discusses a favorite photo.
This is an art-heavy edition.