Excellence in creativity:
- A wonderful quilt show from a few years ago.
- Zentangle meets lettering.
- More than 40 years ago, my hubby and I used to scuba dive. The most exciting things we ever saw underwater were lobster, which Greg captured and we took home to eat. Click on the link to see some even more awesome sights.
- Cleaning out Grandpa’s house? Don’t you dare toss those old snapshots without looking at them.
- I don’t think I’ve ever seen these Picassos before. They are not what I would have expected.
- The writers will get this.
- They don’t make cars like this anymore.
- I enjoy this artist’s Instagram page.
- I wish I’d sketched my kids when they were small. How precious those pictures would be.
- If you like a little science or technology with your romance, you might like these books.
- You’ve never seen insects fly like this.
- Are tiles low art?
Great inspiration for your creativity this weekend:
Lots of fun, and one solemn thing:
Either you have nothing to do, or you have way too much to do. Either way, take off an hour to look through these artistic articles.
- I have a fantasy of getting a second masters degree—in art history. Maybe this second-best idea is more realistic.
- I laughed at the first 15 of these vacation pictures. And then I just got sad.
- Use these online resources to expand your creativity during lockdown.
- When the people are away, the goats will play.
- Do you know what ATCs are? Artist Trading Cards. Check out this bunch.
- Paintings of Yosemite.
- Introverts, our year has come.
- I am so jealous of people who keep art journals. (I know, I know, I should just do it. . .)
- How to make art a habit.
- Don’t you just love exploring a new friend’s house and seeing all the beautiful things she has? Quilter Frances Arnold has so kindly let us into hers.
- Do you like squirrels? Then you’ll just love this Instagram account.
- Sketch yourself with a mask.
Beauty is truth, truth beauty ~John Keats
Pretty things and creepy things. Great ideas and sad thoughts.
- Gorgeous creepy crawlers.
- A different kind of book nook. I didn’t know these were a thing.
- Do you have lots of scraps in your fabric stash? Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
- Photography on grass.
- Suicide’s painful legacy. Don’t do it. Ask for help.
- Amazing underwater photography.
- This Vile painter will make you see through walls.
- If your favorite cartoon characters were fossils. . .
- A gorgeous travel-sketch-journal to inspire you.
- I’m sharing this post about the Road to California quilt show especially because it features a quilt made by the fabulous Cindy Stohn.
- Read these 25 excellent suggestions for improving your life and be encouraged.
- Nathalie goes to Austin. (I have a friend who lives there. Now that I know how cool it is, I’ll have to go visit her. . .)
Art, beauty, and surprises.
- These lovely photos make me want to go exploring in the woods.
- Best of Beethoven.
- Stuff inside of stuff.
- Standing out as an artist.
- Smithsonian acknowledges the 50th anniversary of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
- Look! Up in the sky! Anything you can imagine! (Clouds.)
- One person’s thoughts on the presidency.
- David Hockney makes big money painting swimming pools.
- A watercolorist’s journey.
- Quilts at Atlanta High Museum.
- Check out these beautiful Zentangle® designs.
- Wish I could go to this sketching workshop in Mexico City. I love this artist!
For your weekend reading pleasure. Lose yourself for an hour in these great articles.
Mostly artsy stuff this week: