Beauty is truth, truth beauty ~John Keats
Pretty things and creepy things. Great ideas and sad thoughts.
- Gorgeous creepy crawlers.
- A different kind of book nook. I didn’t know these were a thing.
- Do you have lots of scraps in your fabric stash? Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
- Photography on grass.
- Suicide’s painful legacy. Don’t do it. Ask for help.
- Amazing underwater photography.
- This Vile painter will make you see through walls.
- If your favorite cartoon characters were fossils. . .
- A gorgeous travel-sketch-journal to inspire you.
- I’m sharing this post about the Road to California quilt show especially because it features a quilt made by the fabulous Cindy Stohn.
- Read these 25 excellent suggestions for improving your life and be encouraged.
- Nathalie goes to Austin. (I have a friend who lives there. Now that I know how cool it is, I’ll have to go visit her. . .)
Art, beauty, and surprises.
- These lovely photos make me want to go exploring in the woods.
- Best of Beethoven.
- Stuff inside of stuff.
- Standing out as an artist.
- Smithsonian acknowledges the 50th anniversary of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
- Look! Up in the sky! Anything you can imagine! (Clouds.)
- One person’s thoughts on the presidency.
- David Hockney makes big money painting swimming pools.
- A watercolorist’s journey.
- Quilts at Atlanta High Museum.
- Check out these beautiful Zentangle® designs.
- Wish I could go to this sketching workshop in Mexico City. I love this artist!
For your weekend reading pleasure. Lose yourself for an hour in these great articles.
Mostly artsy stuff this week:
Creative stuff that will delight you.
- A phenomenon noticed at an art museum.
- What leaves do.
- This tile effect is achieved with spray paint.
- What happens when a sketching enthusiast goes to The Nutcracker.
- One dot at a time.
- What to give your loved one who is an artist.
- Even if you hate guns, I’ll bet you’ll like these.
- I love looking at this artist’s intricate designs.
- Books make awesome Christmas presents. Just sayin’.
- I don’t understand how someone can draw photographic portraits using only pencils.
- An artist discusses a daguerreotype pin.
- You still have time to make this cute winter decoration. But no old sock in my house is that white! I say buy a new pair and make two of these snowmen.
Gorgeous artwork that will make your creative fingers itch to make more.
I have a recommendation for you. If you have access to Netflix and you’d like to see a different Santa movie, watch Klaus.